4.20.2008

Run, don't walk, to Muddy's. Seriously. Now.

Saturdays are always incredible. Yesterday was no exception. Liss and I woke up late, took the dogs on a walk and after that... well, pretty much just hung out all afternoon except for playing Wii (Liss surprised me with it on Friday!).

After relaxing, we met up with Matt and Mary Jane to grab some dinner at Bosco's, and if not for the incredible dessert at Muddy's, I'd probably be writing about the great pizza (Germantown Purist).

We wrapped up dinner around 7:30, so we piled into Stella in search of something sweet. Matt told us a few weeks ago about a review in the Commercial Appeal that gushed over this new bake shop, so we decided to give it a try.

Two things immediately grab your attention when you walk in.

The first is that the mixers on the counter are covered in flour, utensils are scattered neatly (is that possible?) and there are dishes sitting near the back of the kitchen waiting to be washed. In other words, the bake shop actually baked all of its own goodies (and not just that morning).

The second is the smell. If you want to make an obscene amount of money, find a way to bottle that smell and sell it as a perfume. I don't even know how to describe it except to say that the shop smells as good as its products taste, and that says a lot.

Anyway, we pick out some cupcakes to try, grab some coffee and sit down (by the way, the cupcakes are $1.50 - an amazing steal if you ask me). We'd heard good things about Muddy's, and I've got to say, it did not even come close to disappointing. The first bite completely redefined my view on cupcakes, and baked goods for that matter. You should stop reading right now and go get one (you've got 8 minutes - Muddy's is open until 11:00 most days). You're not going to understand how good the cupcakes are until you taste them for yourself. We'll probably need to start a support group, because I'm addicted.

To top it all off, we heard the owner of Muddy's Bake Shop (Kat Gordon) chatting away with curious customers about how she bakes all of her little bundles of joy. She seemed to be a genuinely cheerful, kind person, and after tasting the delicious products she's creating, I wish her all the success in the world.

She's not paying me for an endorsement, but if I started getting a dozen cupcakes delivered to my door every Monday, you wouldn't hear me complaining.

In closing, go there. Now. 2 minutes left.

Visit the Muddy's website here: http://www.muddysbakeshop.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YUM!!! I am so ready to go!!!! I am sending Jason the link now!!:)

Anonymous said...

Small correction about Muddy's (I work there): we're open until 9pm Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays and until 11pm on Fridays and Saturdays! Come on in!