4.18.2008

God Bless Capitalism


So here's the deal. Liss and I have a budget with which we try to be very disciplined (the Exploder is only going to last so long), so today I was reviewing our online statement. When I logged off, I was more than a little surprised.

I find an ad (see below) encouraging me to lock in a "jumbo loan at a great rate."


Considering the major crisis that most major financial institutions are facing (namely because of the real-estate fallout), you'd think that Wachovia would have something better to do than trying to rope someone into borrowing more money than they have any business applying for, but apparently you'd be wrong. I've got to say, I think this practice is despicable.

Sure, encourage people to explore their options for loans. Tell them you've got great rates, fine. A "jumbo loan" though? Seriously? I know there's nothing morally wrong with the ad, but I'm just asking for a tiny bit of ethical integrity from my bank. I certainly don't see it being expressed in this ad.

I think I'm done now.

Maybe.

No comments: