4.10.2008

Kansas Sucks, Cars, Roll Tide, 30 Rock and more

Where to begin? Maybe the NCAA tournament...

I still can't believe that Memphis lost to Kansas. That's how it happened, by the way. Kansas didn't beat Memphis. Memphis lost.

I don't think you can say that any group of college age athletes choked. I mean, they don't get paid to play the game, so you can't hold them to a professional standard of failure. John Calipari gets paid pretty decent money to make sure that the team can close out games. I'm still dumbfounded as to why he didn't call a timeout when Memphis was up by 3 in the final seconds of regulation. I imagine he'll be wishing he'd used that timeout from now until... well, a long time. My heart goes out to the Mays who were able to travel to San Antonio at the last minute to see the game only to see their beloved team collapse just seconds short of the national championship.

On the lighter side of things, Stella (our Dodge Stratus - see story below) is healed. The Shell station stepped up and did the right thing to pay for the repairs (mind you they made it clear that they were doing it as a courtesy NOT as an indemnification). Anyway, Stella got her groove back, and we're grooving all the way to Tuscaloosa this weekend.

Speaking of which, Liss and I are uber-pumped about seeing the Tide play in the A-Day Game this weekend. Reading about the team online, it seems like our receivers have had mixed-results in the first two scrimmages, so it'll be fun to be able to make some (completely inaccurate, I'm sure) judgements on how the new offense is coming along. 

Is there a funnier show than 30 Rock on television right now? I've only been able to watch a few episodes, but I've found myself laughing out loud (much to Nola and Allie's chagrin) more often than not. Of course, we're gearing up for the new episode of The Office that's coming on in about 5 minutes, so I could be retracting this post shortly.

Lastly, we're about to eat some Knock-ya-Naked cake, and I think the euphoria is about to make my legs go numb. Or maybe I pinched a nerve in my back... Either way, I'm about to instantly gain 10 pounds, and I couldn't be happier about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty much just leaving a comment on your blog to make your wife mad. Just kidding.

I'm still heartbroken, but I'm getting better. There is always next year! At least one good thing came out of this, I recruited some new Tiger fans! You look good in blue.--MM